Local Council Solar Revolution: Large Scale SolarLocation: Enhar conference room, 60L Green Building, 60 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053Timing: 09 Nov, 2018 from 12:00 AM to 04:00 PM
What's is about? Local Governments are entering the next phase of renewable uptake through large scale generation projects. Large scale solar projects are multiplying through innovative business models and use of otherwise low value land.
Former landfill sites are natural choices for MW scale solar generation and the Enhar team has been busy working with clients in this space.
This seminar and workshop focused on 1-15MW solar farm project development, business cases (include build and own or lease out land and purchase the power), technical challenges, regulatory issues, and community engagement. Landfill sites will be a key focus, but other types of Council owned sites including greenfield will be covered.
We had over 50 attendees including Council energy and climate officers, stakeholders and solar industry experts who gathered for a stimulating day of learning, knowledge-sharing and networking.
- Enhar: Demian Natakhan - Council led solar farms, strategies and case studies
- Diamond Energy: Lachlan Richards - Retail solutions for Council 'gensumers'
- Newcastle City Council: Adam Clark - A Council-owned 5MW solar construction on a former landfill,
- Schletter: Dan Lowenthal - Framing systems for large arrays including former landfill sites
- Sharon MacCaulay - Planning permit review of Victorian Solar Farm draft Guidelines
Have questions about Local Council Solar Revolution - Large scale generation? Contact Enhar Pty Ltd