Bushfire relief centre on solar & batteries launched – hear from Enhar’s Ian Foster at All Energy 23 Oct
Oct 18, 2019
- In 2019 Nilumbik Shire completed an innovative hybrid solar PV & battery project at Community Bank Stadium in Diamond Creek, Victoria.
- Nillumbik Shire funded the project with the support of a New Energy Jobs Fund Grant from the Victorian Government,
- Enhar was engaged by Nillumbik Shire as project consultant, delivering feasibility, technical specifications and phase balancing diagnostic work.
- The sporting stadium serves as an emergency relief centre for the congregation of nearby residents in the bushfire prone area, 30 kms north-east of Melbourne.
- On 14th October the system was launched with a speech from the Nillumbik Shire Mayor, Councillor Karen Egan
- The Victorian State Government Local Member, Danielle Green was present and spoke on behalf of State Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change, Lily D’Ambrosio
- The system features 100kWh of usable battery storage and can be selectively run in an off-grid or ‘islanded’ mode during any grid outage caused by a severe storm or bushfire event.
- Ian Foster from Enhar will discuss the aims, challenges, technical aspects and lessons learnt over the project duration at the All Energy Conference coming up next week.
- Presentation Date: 23rd October at 1.40pm
- Location: Room 101 at All Energy, Melbourne Conference and Exhibition Centre, click here for further event details and to register.
- Click here to read the Nillumbik Shire project media release from October 2019 .
- Click here for a more detailed description the project, challenges and Enhar's role.