Enhar Presents: Councils Beyond Gas Forum 2019
The global imperative to reduce dependence on fossil fuels challenges us all. Continued use of gas as a fuel remains a tough nut to crack in terms of emissions reduction. This forum explores developments and thinking around alternatives to traditional use of gas at the municipal level.
- Municipalities committing to gas phase out
- Why gas is a bigger problem than generally believed
- Upgrading council facilities without gas
- New housing estates without gas connected
- Cr Kate Harrison | City of Berkeley, California | "A municipality committed to gas phaseout"
- Dr Nick Aberle | Environment Victoria | "Victoria's gas dilemma and the strategic imperative for eliminating gas"
- Tim Forcey | Independent consultant | "Strategic risks of fossil-gas dependence"
- Damien Moyse | Renew | "Economics of household fuel choice"
- Anthony Belcher | Barwon Water | "Salt: A gas-free housing estate"
- Simon Woodland | Yarra Ranges Shire | "A council case study in gas-free building refurbishment"
- Derek Harbison | Smart Consult | "Reducing infrastructure energy cost with heat pumps"
- Richard Keech | Enhar Consulting | "Council strategies for gas phase out"
This event is a must-attend for councils looking to move towards carbon neutrality in the next decade or university sustainability leaders.
Come along on Tuesday December 3rd for the full day forum The Green Building | 60 Leicester St, Carlton, VIC