Read Enhar’s submission to the Victorian Government’s public consultation on it’s Renewable Energy Roadmap. Our submission included:
- congratulating the government on its understanding of the sector demonstrated in the Road Map
- explaining why Victoria will achieve 20% renewable energy by 2020 even if the State Government does not act, therefore the 2020 target can be set higher
- recommending targets of 25-30% by 2020 and 50% by 2030
- explaining why fixed ‘Giga-watt hour’ targets are needed in legislation, rather than percentages which are moving targets
- recommending that arbitrary planning restrictions on wind farms in Victoria be removed
- other recommendations on network reform, value of embedded energy and storage
Read our full response Here.
The Victorian Government is now considering all submissions received, and will publish a Renewable Energy Action Plan in due course. The Review of the Climate Change Act is also underway. Legislation and regulatory reform on emissions and renewable energy is expected in 2016.
These slides are from Demian’s recent presentation on the Road Map: