Enhar is a boutique sustainable energy consultancy based in the 60L Building in Carlton, with service offerings in renewable energy, energy efficiency and project grant funding assistance.
Current projects include a project management role for a multi-site solar PV, solar thermal and energy efficiency implementation project, a multi-site feasibility and design project for solar PV and solar hot water, a mini-grid feasibility study in a remote region of Pakistan and ongoing technical assistance for a solar PV implementation roll out.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an electrical engineer with solar PV industry experience to join our team starting immediately. The position is a diverse role supporting a team of technical consultants providing services to local government, university and solar industry clients. The role will be predominantly within our solar services area.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of solar PV design and analysis, including solar PV panel layout drawings, electrical design, producing single line diagrams, grid connection applications, technical specifications, tender evaluation and client side project management of solar installations. The majority of the work will be Melbourne based, and will require a combination of site and office work. Opportunities will provided in other service areas.
Enhar provides a flexible work environment, with flexible work hours, ‘work from home’, 4 day a week opportunities and a friendly office in the 60L building shared with like-minded organisations. A generous commission structure will be provided for new business opportunities instigated by the candidate, and opportunities for business shares open for discussion with the right candidate.
You will be required to work at our office in Melbourne at least 4 days per week and commit to 12 months.
Position qualifications and experience
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, or similar TAFE qualification
• CEC accredited grid connect solar designer with current certificate
• Direct solar PV industry experience in Australia including commercial scale solar PV analysis and design for systems larger than 30kW, up to 100’s of kW
• Demonstrated understanding of solar PV design and installation, including practical onsite exposure of commercial solar installations
• Demonstrated up to date knowledge of solar PV panels, inverters, framing and battery systems
• Knowledgeable in standard codes such as the Wiring Rules, Australian Standards, CEC guidelines and other relevant regulatory requirements;
• Experienced in Solar PV system detailed electrical design including single line diagrams
• Experienced in grid connection processes, requirements and applications for >30kW PV systems across Australia;
• Experienced in solar PV assessments including analysis of aerial imagery, interval data, electricity bill information and financial analysis
• Report writing skills and advanced English speaking skills
• Australian driving licence.
• CEC accredited solar PV installer (not required to be current)
• Experience with other renewable energy systems including wind turbines
• Experience with solar farm (multi MW scale) design in Australia
• Experience with energy efficiency audits
• Experience with voltage optimisation
• Member of professional associations such as Engineers Australia
• Completed safety tickets such as working at heights
To apply please provide
1. contact details of 2 previous employers as referees (Preferably referees in our time zone.)
2. your detailed CV, specifically outlining required qualifications and experienced
3. cover letter stating your career goals and objectives
Email the above information your CV/Resume to email@example.com
Closing date 18th March