Independent Engineer: 14.5MW solar, 4MW BESS
Independent review of project engineering and construction quality through to commissioning phases. Site inspections and defects reporting.
- Due Diligence and owners engineer for 14.5MW solar, 4MW battery.
- Review of electrical and system layout design.
- Review and assessment of construction ITPs.
- Compliance site inspections through installation.
- Technical due diligence required by project financiers.
Our client is constructing, financing and operating two solar and BESS facilities, located near Darwin in the Northern Territory.
The project involves two solar power stations which are ‘behind the meter’ ground mounted fixed tilt solar PV facilities with a total combined capacity of 14.5 MW. The solar facilities will also include the integration of 5MW battery energy storage system to operate to the requirements of NT Power and Water.
Our client was the big leader and equity investor of the consortium appointed to deliver the projects. The consortium has provided an integrated EPC delivery solution across the microgrid, bringing together capabilities across battery and renewable technologies.
Enhar was engaged by the client to independently review the project engineering through its construction and commissioning phases.
- Independent Engineer.
- Review of Electrical Design.
- Issues identification.
- Review of new Generator Performance Standard.
- Review of spare parts list.
- Considerations for export / non-export.
- Connection modelling insights.
- Connection agreement formal document.
- Harmonics assessment.
- Assessment of commissioning issues.
- Defects checking (site inspections and FAT and SAT testing).
- Assessment of O&M issues.
- Performance guarantee validation.
- Technical due diligence required by financiers.
- 14.5 MW solar farm project in Northern Territory across two sites.
- 5MW Battery capacity.
- Rapid identification of key issues.
- Ensuring design documentation consistently reflects design updates which occured mid way through development.
- Management of rectification issues through multiple stakeholders.
- Remote site visit requirements.
Need advice on a project?
We're here to help.