A team passionate about sustainability and quality.
Meet the Enhar team
Since 2007, Enhar has been raising the standard of the solar and smart energy sector by providing excellence in project development, engineering, and quality management, as a leading solar and smart energy consultancy.
Director & Head of Utility Services, Co-Founder
Demian's mission is to build climate solutions by empowering people with technology. He founded Enhar in 2007 and was joined by Trevor Ackland in partnership in 2011.
Demian is a Chartered Energy Engineer (UK) and Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia. He brings over 20 years of experience in taking solar, wind and storage projects from site origination through design and planning to construction.
He leads our utility scale solar and storage division with a focus on and focusses on empowering team to deliver maximum value for our clients, leveraging a team culture of excellence.
His experience includes:
- Delivering portfolio expansion of BESS and solar for global developers
- Site origination and land negotiation
- Securing development approvals for BESS in Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales
- Coordinating multidisciplinary teams to bring projects to financial close
- Wind farm design, development and due diligence in UK
Director & Head of Commercial Services, Co-Founder
Trevor prides himself on ensuring quality, compliant and risk free solar and smart energy projects for Enhar clients. He joined Enhar in 2011 as a co-director and to start the commercial solar consulting services division when commercial solar was in its infancy in Australia. He now leads an industry leading team of accredited solar PV engineers and electricians.
His deep understanding of the technical, financial and commercial aspects of C & I projects, coupled with understanding client needs and risks, has been instrumental in the Enhar team becoming the leading consultancy for clients wanting to procure and install quality solar PV, energy storage or EV infrastructure projects.
Clients include several of Australia's largest universities, numerous local councils throughout Australia, Water Authorities and large private companies, providing consulting services from project inception, through to detailed design, tendering, installation, commissioning and ongoing asset management.
- Feasibility, tender management, Owners Engineer and Superintendent of multi-site MW scale solar PV projects for 3 of Australia's largest universities
- Managing an expert industry leading team of accredited engineers and electricians, providing consulting services for solar PV, solar hybrid, off grid and EV infrastructure projects
- Managing large scale feasibility and design projects for Electric Vehicle infrastructure for several local councils
Technical Director of Utility Solar & BESS Engineering Services
Anwar manages the complex technical aspects of utility scale solar farm and battery projects to achieve efficient design, tendering and grid connection outcomes.
He has over 25 years’ experience in developing and implementing solar energy and storage projects. A skilled listener and communicator, he is able to rapidly assess client needs and convey necessary information concisely, with clarity and enthusiasm.
A highly innovative and creative team player, able to take responsibility and drive cohesive teams. He is a results oriented professional able to identify and delegate tasks to ensure a project is delivered within time and budgetary constraints.
He has proven success in managing design and engineering teams including founding and managing ZAPD energy prior to ZAPD's merger with Enhar in 2023. He brings exceptional analytical expertise to the utility solar and BESS sector.
Lead: Commerical Solar Management
David is a CEC accredited A grade electrician and experienced Operations and Project manager within the Solar industry, he has built up an extensive network and knowledge base of the past 12 years in the renewable energy industry. He leads our commercial solar management division, providing technical excellence to your commercial project to ensure quality and optimised results.
David is comprehensively skilled in technical installation, quality and project management, monitoring, post installation quality auditing and asset management. He is results and quality driven, highly motivated, budget focused professional with a strong client service focus.
Some key projects, David has managed at Enhar include:
- La Trobe University: Client engineer for 2MW rooftop solar PV
- La Trobe University: Client engineer for 900kW solar carport
- Confidential client: Owner’s engineer for 14MW ground mount with BESS
- Local Councils: Post installation quality auditing for over 200 rooftop commercial PV systems
- University of Melbourne: Client engineer for multiple complex rooftop commercial systems (>1MW total)
- Deakin University: tender management for solar PPA and owners engineer
- Middendorp Electrical: scoping, tendering and quality engineer for solar PV rollout across Middys stores.
- University of Melbourne: asset management of all UoM solar systems (>3MW)
Technical Director - Commerical
Roger is a registered electrical engineer with Engineers Australia (NER), Engineers of Queensland (REPQ) and the Clean Energy Council (CEC), with over 20 years' experience in the renewables industry.
He has delivered design detail and managed grid connection applications for every distributor in Australia, from conventional solar PV systems, to complex solar battery hybrid and MW scale behind the meter systems with complex secondary protection controls. He brings technical excellence and an understanding of grid connection requirements for every distributor to your next project; and ensures compliant, best practice and value engineered designs.
Roger leads the engineer solar design team and provides technical input into all commercial projects at Enahr.
During his time at Enhar, some key design and grid connection management projects include:
- 4MW ground mount connected to HV including cable design optimisation resulting in signficant cost savings
- 1MW truck port system at Melbourne Markets, on a HV ring main
- 1MW rooftop system in Clayton, across multiple roof areas, roof types and various electrical connection points
- 1.5MW systems across 3 separate hospitals in South-Western Victoria
- 300kW rooftop system in central Brisbane
- 770kW ground mount solar PV system across 3 Water authority sites
- 200kWsystem in Powercor, shared by 10 tenants and 4 electrical connections with grid protection relay interlock
- 200kWground mount system with 100kW battery system in Queensland
- 100kW and 100kWh/90kW battery systems in United Energy and Ausnet
Environmental Planner - Site Acquisition And Permits
Chris is an experienced and certified environmental planning practitioner, working across public and private sectors. His professional experience is supplemented by governance roles in the not-for-profit and business sectors with responsibilities across Australia. His career to date has included the coordination and delivery of environmental impact assessments for major urban, renewables, mining, oil, gas and environmental infrastructure, on site environmental management and auditing.
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Environmental and regulatory approvals
- Legislation and policy advice in SA, VIC and NSW
- Site identification for solar farm and battery projects in SA, NSW and VIC, 2011 – current
- Fatal flaw assessment Mintaro Solar farm (SA) 2017
- Project manager for approvals Gannawarra Solar Farm (VIC) 2017 including EPBC referral
- Project manager for approvalsMulwala Solar Farm (NSW) 80MW Solar Farm, Esco Pacific, 2018
- Project manager for approvalsLancaster, Cohuna, Girgarre, Tragowel, Macorna North, Corop and Kerang Solar Farms (VIC) 2017- 2019
- Vegetation assessment as part of due diligence for the Bungama Battery Energy Storage Facility (SA) 2020
NSW Regional Manager
Ian is a CEC accredited Solar Grid - Connect and Stand-Alone PV Designer with over 14 years' experience in project management, system design, sales and distribution of solar power technologies. He has 3 experience in the feasibility and design of EV infrastructure projects.
Ian has worked within different levels of the solar industry including turnkey solution providers, product manufacturers and wholesale distributors which provides an in-depth knowledge of the solar PV industry. Ian is our NSW regional manager. and has been with Enhar for over 5 years.
He prides himself on effective communication with a wide variety of stakeholders, this coupled with extensive experience and technical knowledge has resulted in a track record of successful projects, ensuring quality, streamlined procurement and de-risking complex projects.
Some of the key projects Ian has managed during his time at Enhar include:
- Solar and Electric Vehicle infrastructure Strata: >30 residential strata
- City of Bathurst: Feasibility, detail design, tender management, and owners engineer, 1MW ground mount system with battery
- Brisbane Exhibition Centre: Feasibility, tender management, and independent client engineer for a 300kW system
- South Melbourne Market: Feasibility, tender management, and independent client engineer for 200kW system
- Solar My Schools: detailed feasibility assessments for over 60 Schols in NSW
- University of Melbourne: Scoping, tender management, and Client engineer for multiple complex rooftop commercial systems (>1MW total)
- City of Nillumbik: Feasibility, tender management, and independent client engineer two PV systems (150kW and 300kW)
Development Approvals Guru
Blessing brings together specialist assessors and stakeholders to provide timely development approvals for large scale battery and solar farm projects.
He is a highly experienced Development and Planning Approvals Manager. He has specialized knowledge in energy projects and a track record in infrastructure projects, telecommunications, commercial, industrial and residential developments.
With a Master of Social Science in Environmental Planning and a Bachelor of Applied Science he integrates environmental assessment knowledge with planning scheme knowledge of Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.
His experience includes a Statutory Planner role in local government in Victoria, a consulting role for roll out of Telecoms masts nationally where he secured planning approvals and stakeholder engagement addressing community concerns.
Having moved into the clean energy sector, Blessing leads planning service delivery within Enhar's turnkey development approval suite.
Lead Engineer: Off Grid and Hybrid
Rana is a professional electrical engineer with CEC Grid connect and off grid design accreditation and 14 years' experience in all aspects of solar power generation and battery hybrid from commercial grid connect to remote area power system detailed design, maintenance and project management.
Rana has an extensive in depth engineering understanding of solar technology and Australian Standards and prides himself on being able to communicate effectively and work with a diverse range of people. His technical understanding and thorough approach has allowed him to successfully build and manage the hybrid off-grid division, optimising and designing complex solar hybrid systems for off grid applications.
Prior to Enhar he completed five years working in Central Australia as project engineer providing technical assistance, design and project management of remote area power systems for Indigenous communities.
- Aboriginal Homeland communities: load modelling, PVsyst, and detailed design and documentation for Containerised solar design hybrid system design for 6 homeland communities
- Telcom: Standalone power systems for over 30 off-grid telecom sites including solar study, system sizing and optimisation; Detailed design and specification
- Western Water: Feasibility study and concept design for solar, battery, diesel off grid system to meet pumping requirements to replace existing diesel genset
- Various clients: multi-site rooftop commercial solar rollouts, solar-storage hybrid design, commercial grid connect design, SLDs &secondary protection, equipment specification, connection approvals and installation/testing
Andrew has a strong understanding of solar energy and battery technologies from commercial through to utility scale providing analysis-based advice and research. He is an experienced engineer with a track record in commercial, community and utility solar power and battery storage consulting projects. He explains complex energy projects issues with minimal jargon, through effective written and verbal communication.
- Detailed knowledge of solar photovoltaic and battery installations, from residential to utility
- High-level Excel skills including object-oriented VBA macro coding, developing complex technical and financial models and easy to understand outputs
- Preparing feasibility studies for commercial and utility solar power/energy storage and electric vehicle infrastructure projects
- Detailed understanding of the energy and environmental certificate market
- Deliver numerous consulting solar and smart energy projects for business, government and non-profit clients
- Designed and developed Renew's solar simulation tool, Sunulator
- Developed AEMO’s first forecast for rooftop solar uptake while working at AEMO
- Delivered complex EV infrastructure projects for local council depots and EV fleet owners
- Detailed feasibility studies Utility scale solar and batteries systems for both behind and front of meter projects
Engineer and CEC accredited solar electrician
Ryan is a CEC accredited grid connected, hybrid and standalone A-grade electrician; and Mechatronics engineer with over 10 years’ experience in the electrical and renewables industry and 3 years in EV infrastructure projects. He takes great pride in delivering projects that are to the highest possible workmanship standards, exceeding Australian standards and best practice to ensure the long performance and safety of the asset.
Over this time he has been instrumental in the on-site quality management of solar power systems on a wide ranging scale from 2kW to over 2MW; as well as both residential scale and commercial on and off grid solar battery systems.
With a career encompassing both solar installation, engineering and automation, Ryan is skilled in the integration of systems into monitoring/building management systems, third-party devices and load management systems. He has bought these skills and knowledge to lead Electric Vehicle charging infastructure upgrade projects, modelling future EV demand and designing electrical upgrade requirements.
Some key projects Ryan has managed during his time at Enhar include:
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (ESVE) feasibility assessment and design of electrical upgrades for several local councils
- Deakin University: Solar Maintenace auditing and asset register for all of Deakins commercial PV systems
- City of Manningham: Feasibility and tender design for commercial solar and battery hybrid projects across 10 separate buildings
- City of Banyule: Solar PV system quality auditing and monitoring review on over 60 commercial PV systems,
- Secondary colleges: Schools: Scoping, feasibility, tender design and client engineer for 150kW-300kW systems
- City of Frankston: Solar PV system quality auditing and monitoring review on over 10 commercial PV systems,
- Local Councils: Post installation quality auditing and defect management for over 50 rooftop commercial PV systems and hybrid systems including City of Hume, Darebin, Manningham Warrnambool, Bayside, Yarra ranges, Geelong and Banyule.
Greg is an experienced A grade, CEC accredited electrician with over 10 years’ experience in the commercial solar PV industry, as a trusted solar PV professional. Prior to joining Enhar, he worked with various solar EPC contractors as quality manager, technical supervisor and project manager ensuring quality results for large complex solar PV systems and multi-site roll outs.
He prides himself on ensuring solar PV, battery hybrid and EVSE projects are installed to the highest workmanship standards and comply with and exceed Australian Standards, industry codes and best practice.
Some key projects Greg has project and quality manager managed include:
- 1.6MW: Quality and project manager for University of Melbourne solar PV roll out over 13 complex buildings
- 1.2MW Multi Site rollout for Royal Freemasons aged care
- 830KW Multi Site rollout for Opal Aged Care
- 300kW Multi Site Rollout for National Storage
- 8300 Led Lights upgraded across 13 Opal Aged care sites
- 3200 Led Lights upgraded across14 National Storage sites
Solar & BESS Design engineer including LV and HV engineering
Accomplished and highly skilled electrical engineer with extensive experience in designing electrical systems for solar and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects. As a nominee for the role of Solar & BESS Design Engineer, he is responsible for LV and HV engineering, as well as designing solar arrays and BESS systems.
With a Bachelor's degree and a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Kevin has a solid academic foundation, which has been complemented by his practical experience in designing medium voltage and high voltage electrical systems. He has honed his skills in advanced software programs, such as AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Autodesk, Sketchup, and other specialist software, which enable him to produce accurate and detailed electrical designs.
Kevin's in-depth knowledge of electrical engineering and his skills in designing solar and BESS systems make him a valuable asset to any project team. His ability to create accurate and detailed designs using advanced software ensures that projects are executed efficiently and effectively. Kevin's strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence make him an ideal candidate for the role of Solar & BESS Design Engineer.
Detailed electrical design of two 5MW BESS projects in Tonga, including:
- Designing and implementing electrical systems for energy storage units
- Collaborating with team members to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Conducting quality control checks to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
Electrical design of 40MW solar array in Queensland with battery storage integration, including:
- Designing and implementing electrical systems for the solar array and BESS
- Coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure timely and successful project delivery
- Conducting feasibility studies and identifying potential risks and opportunities for optimization
Desktop site identification for solar farm opportunities using network maps, including:
- Conducting detailed analysis of network maps to identify suitable locations for solar farms
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure feasibility and successful implementation of projects
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying potential mitigation strategies
3MW solar array design drafting for North East Water, including:
- Designing and implementing electrical systems for the solar array
- Collaborating with team members to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Conducting quality control checks to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
Layout design schematics for council-owned solar arrays on former landfills, including:
- Conducting site assessments and feasibility studies
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design and implement electrical systems for solar arrays
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying potential mitigation strategies
Lead Electrical HV design engineer
Highly experienced electrical engineer with 12 years of expertise in embedded systems, electrical design and calculations, hydroelectric plant operations and maintenance, and utility-scale solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
As the Principal Engineer at National Power Corporation, Mohammad led and managed a team in operating an 80MW hydroelectric plant. His responsibilities included monitoring and operating all electrical and mechanical devices through HMI DCS controls, as well as ensuring grid stability by coordinating with grid operators and other plants. He conducted regular calibration and maintenance of power plant electrical equipment and components.
During his tenure as an Electrical Design Engineer at Worley Parsons, Mohammad excelled in preparing layouts for lighting, power, and fire alarm systems using AutoCAD. He demonstrated proficiency in load schedules, cable schedules, voltage drop, and short circuit calculations. Mohammad also designed comprehensive electrical drawings utilizing software like ETAP, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Excel.
At Archirodon Construction, Mohammad served as an Electrical Engineer, overseeing diverse professionals and ensuring successful project completion. He adeptly handled load calculations, cable sizing, protection systems, distribution boards, MV panels, MCCB, bus bar, voltage drop, and lighting calculations. His expertise extended to designing electrical drawings using AutoCAD and generating Material Take-offs and Bill of Materials.
In his role as a System Engineer at Smart Q Systems, Mohammad contributed to hardware design and development projects. He was skilled in designing and laying out hardware circuits using Xilinx, programming in VHDL and Assembly Language, and testing hardware outputs based on software instructions. Mohammad also supervised on-site installation and commissioning activities to guarantee optimal functionality and client satisfaction.
Mohammad's extensive experience in hydroelectric plant operations, electrical design and calculations, and embedded systems uniquely positions him as an invaluable asset for teams engaged in utility-scale solar and BESS projects. His ability to monitor and operate power plants, create detailed electrical drawings, and proficiently program and test hardware underscores his expertise. Additionally, Mohammad's exemplary leadership and communication skills have consistently facilitated the successful completion of projects within deadlines and budgets.
Overall, Mohammad Naffi P. Mangata is a highly accomplished electrical engineer with a remarkable background in various roles. His wealth of skills and experience make him an outstanding candidate for teams involved in utility-scale solar and BESS projects.
- Extensive experience in embedded systems, electrical design, calculations, hydroelectric plant operations, protection studies, earthing studies, and utility-scale solar and BESS projects.
- Proficiency in monitoring and operating electrical and mechanical devices in hydroelectric plants through HMI DCS controls.
- Strong knowledge of power plant electrical equipment calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, protection systems, and earthing systems.
- Expertise in preparing layouts for lighting, power, fire alarm systems, protection systems, and earthing systems using AutoCAD and adhering to industry standards.
- Skilled in conducting load schedules, cable schedules, voltage drop, short circuit calculations, protection studies, and earthing studies.
- Proficient in designing and laying out comprehensive electrical drawings, including protection system layouts and earthing system layouts, using ETAP, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent understanding of hardware circuit design and layout using Xilinx, with consideration for protection and earthing requirements.
- Programming proficiency in VHDL and Assembly Language for FPGA-based hardware.
- Experience in testing hardware outputs based on software instructions, including validating protection systems.
- Strong leadership abilities, demonstrated by successfully managing and leading teams of professionals in protection studies and earthing studies.
- Effective communication and coordination skills, fostering collaboration among different disciplines, stakeholders, and clients in protection and earthing-related matters.
- Proven track record of completing projects on time and within budget, with emphasis on protection studies and earthing studies.
Solar & BESS Design engineer
Rosalie is a highly experienced electrical and solar engineer with a decade of experience as a lead electrical engineer at SunPower Corporation, where she was responsible for the design and implementation of electrical and mechanical systems for commercial and utility-scale solar projects. Her expertise in PV electrical, mechanical design, protection schematics, site plans, and electrical layout was instrumental in the successful delivery of numerous high-profile solar installations.
With over 12 years of experience in solar PV engineering for commercial and utility projects, Rosalie has developed a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in this field. Her experience includes working on both large-scale and small-scale projects, giving her a unique perspective on the industry.
Prior to joining Enhar, Rosalie worked as a freelance design engineer, where she supported various clients in the engineering design of commercial and utility projects. She leverages her extensive knowledge and expertise to help clients design and implement solar projects that are efficient, cost-effective, and reliable.
Rosalie holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree and is a member of Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines, ensuring that she stays up-to-date with the latest developments and technologies in her field. Her dedication to staying on the cutting edge of the industry has earned her a reputation as a top-performing solar engineer.
- Created electrical single line and schematic diagrams for PV system grid connection applications under different distributor in Australia.
- Involved in design support for construction drawings of over 20 sites of Telcom Hybrid system in NSW.
- Provided design support for the installation of solar roof mounts at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Hawaii and the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Plant in San Antonio, Texas. This included designing efficient and effective electrical systems that were tailored to the specific needs of each site.
- Conducted solar ground mount design support for various projects in different countries, such as the 4.6MW project in NSW, Australia, 49MW Montalto project in Italy, 102MW Henrietta project in California, USA, 300MW Ticul A project in Mexico, and the 48MW Hong Phong project in Vietnam. The focus was on developing electrical packages that were suitable for each project, taking into consideration factors such as local regulations and environmental conditions.
These projects required a comprehensive understanding of solar PV design and engineering principles, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and contractors. Our team member contributed their technical expertise and experience to ensure the successful completion of these projects.
Lead Drafting Engineer: Electrical and Civil
Jonathan is a seasoned Draftsman with 18 years of hands-on experience in the field. An electrical and civil draftsman with an electrical engineering background, Jonathan is a skilled professional who specializes in creating precise technical drawings and plans primarily related to electrical and civil engineering.
This combination of expertise allows him to bridge the gap between civil and electrical aspects of energy infrastructure and construction projects.
Key Competencies :
- Preparing comprehensive drawing sets for civil, power generating projects and building services.
- Collaborating closely with electrical engineers and civil engineers to ensure that electrical systems areseamlessly integrated into the overall project.
- Proficient in site development planning relating to Solar Farms, Battery Energy Storage System, Biomass, hydroelectric and other types of renewable energy power plants.
- Highly competent in the use of engineering software packages like Civil 3D and AutoCad and has worked with GIS and mapping applications which are crucial to the development of the project.
- Exceptional ability to work on projects autonomously in a team environment.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong information gathering and processing skills.
- Continuously automates CAD applications to speed up drawing and re-design.
These competencies collectively enable Jonathan to contribute significantly to the successful planning and execution of diverse construction and electrical projects, ensuring that designs are accurate, compliant, and aligned with project objectives.
Key achievements related to renewable energy and storage:
- Detailed Engineering Drawings of 20MW solar farm, New Zealand
- Concept Engineering Drawings of 150MW BESS project, South Australia including layout and stormwater design
- 3D renderings in AutoCad CIVIL 3D of Solar Farms and BESS projects in Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales
- Detailed Engineering Drawings of the 2x400 kW Biyao River hydroelectric powerplant project.
- Detailed drawings of the 3MW Man-Asok River hydroelectric powerplant project.
- Detailed drawings of the 40kW Roofmount Solar PV project.
On site PV. 100% green power from a retailer owning wind farms and hydro achieving net-0 emissions.
Passive building design and hybrid ventilation system. Efficient lighting and office / kitchen appliances.
We’re accessible by public transport, most of our staff cycle to work and our fleet has only electric and plug in hybrid vehicles.