Our energy efficient office powered by renewable energy
Enhar company operations are extremely energy efficient and are powered by 100% renewable energy.
Our main office is located on the ground floor of the 60L Green Building, a commercial office space which proves that highly sustainable office space can be commercially viable.
The following information is based on theACF 60L tour brochure.
As compared to a conventional Melbourne commercial office building, 60L can claim the following achievements:
- Only 30% of the typical energy consumption
- Only 20% of the typical water consumption
- Significant use of re-used, recycled and recyclable materials of construction
Energy for our office is sourced from both:
- on-site solar photovoltaic arrays and
- 100% new green power from a retailer owning wind farms and hydro
- Zero Greenhouse Gas emissions have therefore effectively been achieved for operating the building
- Greenhouse Offsets of Construction – the carbon footprint of the building’s construction has been offset by timber plantations on farms in the western district of Victoria
Energy consumption in our office has been cut by the use of:
- the hybrid ventilation system (the combination of passive building design and individually controlled air- conditioners) instead of a central air-conditioning system
- a design for maximising daylight
- efficient lighting - T5-type fluorescent lighting (low energy input, high light output)
- energy efficient office and kitchen appliances
- minimising use of the lift, with more prominent stairs
- efficient use of water pumping system
Sustainability in Enhar staff transport
Our office has bike parking facilities and does not have car parking facilities hence Enhar staff cycle to work on a daily basis.
The office location enables client meetings to be serviced by public transport, and visitors to our office typically use public transport with a tram stop at Victoria market right next to our office.
Where road transport is necessary, staff use hybrid electric vehicles where available, our goal is to transition to all staff using low emissions vehicles.
Renewable Energy at Home
Those staff who own their homes have solar PV installed and enjoy lower electricity bills.
Most staff use 100% greenpower for their home electricity supply.
Zero waste office
We target zero waste, with recyclables collected daily and compostibles going to a local organic farm.