Commercial on-grid battery storage with solar PV can provide many benefits; including peak load lopping, using more solar on site, peak demand reductions, FCAS revenue and grid back-up. Detailed modelling is required to optimise battery sizing and income streams to provide reasonable financial returns.
Battery chemistry, battery products and battery controls is a rapidly changing and not a one system fits all, with reliability and robustness required to ensure financial returns and safety and ensure any load back-up requirements at the site. Battery location can also be problematic to comply with Australian Standards and battery installation guidelines; and not all sites have viable battery locations.
- Fully detailed load analysis, including modeling new loads from electrification and future EV charging
- Site inspection by an experienced CEC accredited battery hybrid electrician, to review all site electricals, potential loads to back-up, switchboard modifications required, roof/ground area for the array and other site constraints.
- Solar PV and battery optimisation, to optimise battery sizing, battery type, battery control systems and increase income streams.
- Enhance the flexibility and reliability of the energy supply by providing a backup power source during outages or periods of high demand.
- Design back-up load circuits and controls
- Independant advice on solar, battery and control products that are readily available, certified and fit for purpose.
- Recommendations for all key equipment locations in particular a compliant battery location and protection
- Key Project risks
- Financial payback projections, reporting and sizing of solar hybrid systems
- Procurement recommendations
Design and Tender Documentation
- Concept and detail design drawings of complex solar hybrid power systems.
- Grid approval management.
- Consultation with product, battery and control suppliers to ensure systems are fit for purpose with suitable warranty periods.
- Independent owner’s engineer direction on design on solar hybrid systems and quality.
- Consultative approach with the client to ensure design is within budget and fit for purpose.
- Procurement management and full tender documentation
- Quality oversite throughout the project within independent owner’s engineer services
- Regular on-site inspections throughout the project
- Post installation quality auditing, and defect rectification management
- Monitoring and defect management during the Defects liability period
Have a lot of free roof space?
Building a solar farm?