Business case for large battery addition to 40MW solar farm
Modelling financial viability of large scale storage for arbitrage and FCAS.
- Feasibility study and financial model for adding a large scale battery to a 40MW solar farm in Victoria.
- Financial modelling of revenue streams including FCAS income for the battery, plus the economics of network charges.
- The model considered spot price revenue from the solar farm before the addition of a BESS, and the impact on revenues and IRR with a BESS.
- Financial modelling of battery revenue.
- Solar farm feasibility on landfill.
- Presentations to the Strategic Leadership Team and Councillors
- 40MW solar farm project in VIC under development.
- Interest in the impact on the business case through addition of a battery.
- Bankable analysis required.
- FCAS forecasting uncertainty - we used Global Roam data for historic FCAS values, plus AEMO data on FCAS revenues.
- Changing regulations regarding TUOS charges for batteries.
- Complex financial model co-optimising multiple targets.
- Simulation of battery behaviour to optimise revenues.
Need advice on a project?
We're here to help.