Cardinia Childcare: Solar PV and BESS
Solar Hybrid Detail Design
Detailed design and Grid connection management for 2 x 100kW rooftop solar and 180kW/hr/90kW flow batteries.
- Runner up in the 2019 NECA excellence awards under the Energy Efficiency and Environment.
- Grid application management and approvals.
- Detail design for construction – SLDs, Schematics, switchboard GA's.
- Board builder liaison and management.
- Site testing including, relay setting, injection testing and power quality logging.
- Grid Applications – United Energy and Ausnet.
- 2 x 100kW roof top solar PV systems, 2 x 180kWh/90kW Redflow batteries.
- Victron inverter/chargers and control.
- Changeover switch to bypass batteries.
- Volt Amp / Volt Watt response modes.
- Export limited.
- Grid protection relay on solar inverters and inverter chargers.
- Minimal volt drop through the 2250A DC switchboard.
- Flow batteries require significant space with limited room on site; however they have a long lifetime.
- Flow batteries are required to be fully discharged every two days.
- Victron inverter/chargers are single phase, therefore a phase imbalance relay was required.
- Multiple solar PV orientations.
Need advice on a project?
We're here to help.