Solar PV Program (>3MW)
Solar Owner Engineer
Owners Engineer for UoM >3MW solar program since 2015. Feasibility, design, tender management, quality assurance and asset management.
- 180kW CEC award winning installation.
- 1MW at small inner city campus with complex roof areas.
- Multiple sub-100kW solar PV systems in difficult conditions.
- Scoping, technical feasibility, financial modelling.
- Concept and detailed design, preliminary grid connection application.
- Manage structural approval, heritage and planning permits.
- Tender documentation, management and evaluation.
- Owners engineer & project management.
- Post installation auditing and defect management.
- Asset management and monitoring.
- 180kW CEC award winning solar installation which included a ‘solar PV lab’ incorporating 10 different design combinations with and without reflective roof paint.
- Ongoing monitoring to assess yield improvements of different design combinations with and without reflective roof paint.
- ~1MW at a small inner city campus with multiple AC connection points and complex roof areas.
- 125kW ground mount system at a regional campus 262kW complex roof top system at a regional campus, with multiple AC connections.
- Facade PV including concept design and rendering of 3 facade PV systems on existing north facing facades.
- Stakeholder management and engagement ensuring all stakeholders have a clear understanding of project design, safety and installation issues such as noise and student disturbance.
- Safe roof hardware compliance and ensuring the roof and PV system can be safely accessed following solar installation.
- Complex roof areas, electrical networks and grid protection controls.
- Management of multiple solar head contractors, with various sub-contractors utilised for installation and associated difficulties to ensure safety, quality and communication.
- Management of scope changes and variation claims from the solar contractor.
- Heritage and building permits.
- Engagement and communication with various University stakeholders.
- Quality issues with installation and documentation and management of defects.
Need advice on a project?
We're here to help.