Yarra Ranges Council 4.5MW Solar Landfill Feasibility
Council Landfill Solar Farm Feasibility
Solar landfill feasibility study exploring how to transform unproductive land near landfill sits into renewable energy solar farms.
- Identified multiple sites for large scale solar farms on former landfill locations.
- Coordinated inputs from waste team and environmental team.
- Incorporated EPA feedback into concept design.
- Held well attended community engagement session.
- Assisted sustainability team to present business case to counsellors.
- Feasibility and Business Case.
- Solar farm feasibility on landfill.
- Biochar feasibility.
- Wind energy review.
- Community Consultation.
- Presentations to council Strategic Leadership Team and to Councillors.
- 4.5 MW solar farm project scoped up across multiple council owned properties.
- Review of former landfill sites and other non-productive land.
- Ausnet connections to 22kV network.
- Multiple community groups with an interest in renewable energy.
- Identifying sites within the portfolio which are technically, environmentally and financially feasible.
- Solar farm design on landfill which preserves the integrity of the cap.
- Consultation with wide range of internal and external stakeholders at multiple hold points.
- Presentation of findings in easy to understand format for wider consumption.
Need advice on a project?
We're here to help.