Electric vehicles are here to stay and Electrical Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) is a critical path to ensure your future EV demands can be met. Sites may require expensive large scale electrical supply upgrades and extensive internal electrical works; however upgrades can be minimised with detailed modelling of future EV electrical demand with load management to ensure vehicles can be charged when required.
Critical questions to ask before beginning an EV infrastructure include:
- Can your electrical infrastructure accommodate significant additional loads from EV charging?
- What is the future EV electrical demand of your fleet to ensure all vehicles can be charged when required?
- Can we reduce infrastructure upgrades through load management, whilst ensuring vehicles are charged when required?
- How much does it cost? Can we re-coup costs?
We model future EV electrical demand to minimise required electrical infrastructure upgrades and ensure future EV demand is met and your vehicles can be charged when they need to be charged.
- Existing electrical infrastructure assessment by in-house qualified electricians - what is possible within the constraints of your existing electrical infrastructure.
- Detailed future EV fleet modelling, assessing daily/annual km's, vehicle efficiencies, charging times, medium and worst case analysis.
- Future electrical demand modelling to optimise any required electrical upgrades and ensure EV demand requirements are met with load management.
- Recommendations on charging infrastructure (charger types, load management systems) to best fit your EV fleet.
- Concept design of electrical upgrades and infrastructure works.
- Initial assessment and viability of grid upgrades from the distributor.
- CAPEX and OPEX costing estimates.
- Risk assessment.
- 5 and 10 year strategic plans; and staged installation work recommendations.
Our experienced certified electricians and design engineers conduct detailed electrical and civil design of required electrical works and upgrades for detailed costing purposes and for construction.
- Electrical design and civil design of infrastructure upgrades
- General specifications for charging infrastructure, energy management systems and electrical/civil works
- 'For tender' design
- 'For construction' design
Manage Grid Upgrade
- Initial feasibility assessment of required grid upgrade through accessing public information on supply transformer
- Manage the application for electrical supply upgrades from the distributor, including all required information
- For construction design to accommodate grid upgrades
- Detailed designs and general specifications
- Product and installation specifications
- Requirements for ongoing management of the EV infrastructure
- Request for quotation documentation
- independent evaluation of responses
- Quality management through the installation phase
Have a lot of free roof space?
Building a solar farm?